Landscape Supervisor oversees Landscape construction crews in the installation of Irrigation Planting, Site furnishings and Subcontractors. He/She will report directly to the Designated Project Manager and work under their direction.
• Supervisor Reports directly to the assigned Project manager
• Coordinate, direct, and manage staff in performing landscape construction activities and improvement projects at various customer project locations
• Prioritizes, assigns, and schedules job tasks, and adjusts schedules as necessary in response to site conditions, and Client/Project Manager request
• Communicates labor budgets to Forman and crew members with Daily/Weekly goals and tracks labor used to complete the work. Holds the Foreman/Crew members accountable for completing given task with in the hours budgeted
• Oversees work activities and reviews work to ensure it is performed safely, on-time, and according to plans
• Supervises staff and ensures their competence and motivation through effective hiring, training, counseling, supervising and performance reviews
• Provides staff work instruction and training in the safe and proper use of equipment and tools
• Conducts and participates in a variety of departmental and other meetings on a regular basis
• Provides friendly and helpful customer service within the terms of the contract.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Three years of experience in landscaping including one year in a supervisory role
• Knowledge of Cal OSHA and OSHA occupational safety regulations
• Knowledge of safe operation of construction and landscaping industrial equipment, such as front loaders, backhoes, forklifts, trenchers, and mowers
• Knowledge of departmental operations and procedures, and organizational policies
• Computer literacy including skill to operate word processing and spreadsheet software applications
• Ability to train employees in proper departmental practices and procedures, including safety and proper use of tools and equipment
• Supervisory skills to hire qualified employees, provide training and work instruction, administer performance management and disciplinary processes effectively, and address employee relations appropriately
• Communications skills to provide procedural and information, both orally and in writing; and respond to questions from customers, employees, and others
• Customer service skills to act responsively to inquiries/ and requests, and work with PM in areas of client conflict resolution if situation arises
• Mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
• Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities.
• Have the ability to write daily work tickets and obtain field authorization from client
If interested, please send resume to Jennifer Minzey, firstname.lastname@example.org